I love stocking my pantry and refrigerator with homemade ingredients that I can pull out and make something at the last minute.  This Lemon Curd Cream can be used in so many ways- it easily elevates anything it touches!  If I need a last minute dessert, I can buy a pre-made pound cake and some berries and end up with the most wonderful (and stunning) dessert (like I did here).  I can put this jar out (as is!) with a bowl of strawberries and cherries for a great fruit dip or fill a tart shell with it and top it with whipped cream.  The uses for it are endless- a spoon and a sunny day is also a good option!

This Homemade Lemon Curd is a great homemade gift, too - bring it is a gift for your Mom for Mother's day. 

Lemon Curd
   
3/4 cup of sugar
4 tablespoons of butter 
2 eggs
1 tablespoon of cornstarch
2 lemons, juiced
pinch of salt

Directions:
Cream together sugar and butter.  Add eggs and mix together until combined.  Add cornstarch.  Add lemon juice and a pinch of salt.  Transfer mixture back into a saucepan.  Heat on low while stirring constantly.  Cook until thickened - about 5-7 minutes.  Let the mixture cool at room temperature before using so it can set.
Store it in the refrigerator.




Here's an idea for the lemon curd... Vanilla Pound Cake with Lemon Curd, Whipped Cream and Berries!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top