This is a little peak into our house on a Saturday night when we decided to stay in.  Mike and Emma played in the living room while I spent some time in the kitchen preparing a pizza and a salad for us to share.



While I was fixing dinner, I snapped a couple of secret photos during their storytime.  The book is "Guess How Much I Love You" - so sweet.  Keep reading...



The pizza was more rustic than fancy - modeled after a Mike's newest favorite "Pizza Napoli" from our local pizzeria, and the salad was copied from a favorite from back home - "The Nine Color Salad" from Spin Pizza. 


Pepperoni & Crumbled Meatballs  (My Homemade Meatballs Recipe)

My sister asked me, If you love the pizza from there and you can just call and order it, why try to make it yourself?  True.


Fresh Mozzarella

But sometimes I just want to cook.  I want to make something - especially on the weekends.  After weeks of juggling Emma and trying to fix dinner at the same time, it is nice on Saturday night to spend some alone time in the kitchen while Mike is spending time with her.



Nine Color Salad

Boston Bibb Lettuce, Romaine, Radicchio, Radishes, Celery, Scallion, Pine Nuts, Feta Cheese &
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes.  Here is the complete recipe for the Nine Color Salad.



Pizza's out of the oven... yes, that is crumbled bacon on Mike's half.  The pepperoni and crumbled meatballs is plenty of meat for me.


I love dinners like this...


on my lap, on the sofa, on a Saturday night.

  With good company.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top