I'm sure you already have a Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe - everyone does.  The key to making things that everyone makes - and already loves - is to make them the best.  Every single time I make Spaghetti & Meatballs, Mike and I rave - oh, these are the best yet.  If you have not tried to make you're own homemade meatballs, I really encourage you to.  They are so so so easy - and so much better than anything you can buy.

They are a staple around our house - usually on Sundays.  I make a triple batch of meatballs and have them for lunch throughout the week or put them in the freezer.  This recipe takes 20 minutes, but can me made far in advance, so is great for a casual dinner party, or cozy family dinner.

UPDATE : Some of my readers have had difficulty with using the silpat.  I've switched to using pre-cut parchment sheets that fit perfectly in a sheet pan... they are a dream.  They are non-stick and you can just throw them away after you use them.  I use them for everything - cookies, roasting vegetables, meatballs, etc.  I'm stocking them in my store as one of my favorite "essentials" - 200 sheets for $12... which should be a year supply.  No more washing the silpat! 



Using a food processor makes it a very quick process - no mincing garlic, grating cheese or chopping parsley.  Throw it all in and...


You end up with the most amazing seasoned breadcrumbs. 


Pour them on top of the meat, then add the eggs.  The general rule I follow is 1 egg for every pound of meat. 



The milk keeps the meatballs moist.


Fluff the mixture with a fork to combine - it keeps the mixture from getting compact. 


All combined.  Look at all of that flavor!


I use an ice cream scoop to portion them into the same size, then use my hands to form them into balls.


I bake them on a Silpat lined baking sheet so they come off easily.

*Silpat does not recommend using it under a broiler.  I have not had a problem with mine, but others have said it was damaged. 

UPDATE : I've switched to using pre-cut parchment sheets that fit perfectly in a sheet pan... they are a dream.


I love that these are baked under the broiler instead of fried in oil.  Healthier and no huge greasy mess to clean up.



Homemade Meatballs
so easy


1 pound of ground beef
2 slices of bread
2 cloves of garlic
fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup parmesan cheese 

2 tablespoons of milk
1 egg
salt & pepper





Food Processor Method :


Begin by cutting bread into cubes.  In the food processor, put garlic & parsley.  Pulse until both are finely chopped.  Add parmesan cheese cut into 1-inch cubes (if not already grated).  Pulse until fine.  Add bread in small batches and pulse.   Add mixture to ground beef.  Add eggs, milk, salt and pepper then mix with a fork, keeping the mixture light and fluffy.


By Hand Method : 

Tear bread into small pieces.  Add grated parmeasan, minced garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.  Add eggs and milk. Mix together.  Add mixture to ground beef.  Mix with a fork, keeping the mixture light and fluffy.

Form into balls with an ice cream scoop and place on a baking sheet.  Cook meatballs under a high broiler on high for 7-9 minutes until just browned on outside.


Serve with spaghetti and tomato sauce - for my recipe, click here.




twitterlogo1
rsslogo1a1
images1a
pinit

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top