This summer I've really been into prepared salads.  I made them at the beginning of the week and keep them in the fridge so I have something easy for lunch that is a little better than a PBJ.  I copied this salad from mt local favorite, Verrill Farm. I had it for lunch one day then immediately bought all of the supplies (there) to make it for myself.


Greek Pasta Salad

1/2 pound of penne pasta, cooked and rinsed
1 cucumber, peeled sliced
3 medium tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup of red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup of kalamata olives, chopped
1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
4 ounces of crumbled feta
1/2 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup of red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon of dried italian seasoning
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper

Combine cooked pasta, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, olives, parsley and feta in a large bowl.  In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar and seasonings.  Pour over pasta and vegetables, toss. 








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top