Every bone in my body resists me doing this... I'd love to keep the house all to myself until I get it exactly the way I want it.  But, as I promised, I'm taking you along for the ride.    In return for my seek peak into the progress, I ask that you be kind.  I apologize for the poor photography (I don't have the right lens to shoot interiors on my fancy camera, so I'm using my old G11... recommendations for a lens?).  The colors are off from what I'm seeing here, I assure you!



In case you've been wondering, I haven't forgotten my food blogging roots - I'm just now getting the kitchen unpacked!  I'll be making something yummy for our tailgate this weekend... Any ideas?  I'll share it on the blog (obviously...).

Exterior (you've seen this before!)  I love how our house looks from the street.

The to the right is really the true 'before' shot of the living room and dining room.  This was taken while Mike and I were repairing the walls, before the new paint. 

Now, on to the post fresh paint photos.  Keep in mind, we still have a lot of projects planned.  A lot of projects.  And a lot of decorating.  Our plan is to move in, do simple things to clean up and brighten the existing interior, then do an addition in the spring.  The new addition would include an expanded kitchen with fireplace and attached hearth room.  Upstairs that would mean another bedroom and a master bathroom.  Yay!  But for now, we wanted to just create a blank, fresh space for ourselves before we moved in.  Everything feels so much better already.  It is amazing what a little (ok, a lot...) of paint can do!

This is the view right after coming in through the small front foyer.  Welcome : )

This rug will be moving upstairs into our bedroom when our new rug arrives.  I'll be posting more about my final (finally...) decision hopefully sometime next week.  I'll give you a hint- it wasn't any of the ones I had posted about or pinned on pinterest!


Fast forward 30 minutes and Emma's home from her first day of school!   A new long ottoman upholstered in linen will be placed right about where Emma is sitting.

Wall Paint : Benjamin Moore, Manchester Tan
Trim : Benjamin Moore, Navajo White


Remember how I said I ordered two grey upholstered chairs to flank the fireplace?  Well, I think they will be too big.  My plan is to move them to the front of the room (to the right of where I'm standing while taking this photo) in front of the big window.  So much for plans, right?

Note the fireplace, it used to be a little more embellished with wooden decal, and had a pinkish stone inset.  I removed the decals and painted over where they once where and while I was at it, slapped a coat of paint on the pink stone.  I just needed to go away and the paint did the trick.  At some point we plan to replace the entire mantel piece with something a little more handsome.  


The next room is the dining room.  I love the slipcovered chairs I ordered from Restoration Hardware in Sand Belgium Linen.  My next big debate is a rug for this room (a different rug) and a lantern for above the table.  I'm considering a fixture from Cape Cod Lanterns (http://www.capecodlanterns.com/).  I thought it would be well suited to our "Cape Cod" style home and a nod to our stay in New England.

Wall Color : Benjamin Moore, Navajo White in Flat
Trim Color : Benjamin Moore, Navajo White in Satin


Tah, Dah.  One of the best features of the house - I love french doors off of the dining room.   And behind me is...


The kitchen.  Not too hot as it stands right now, but we have a renovation planned that will really make the space much more current and functional.  Eventually the kitchen will grow out of the back of the house to make a big open space.


Here is a closer view from inside the room.  This wall to my left is shared with the dining room.  I'm wondering if we should go ahead and open it up, or wait for our phase 2 renovation...  My vote is for now!



Now upstairs.  I plan to have a runner put on the stairs to make it a little cushier for Emma.  I'm thinking just something neutral and durable.



Now into our room.  The small rug will be replaced with the large rug from the living room.  The small rug?  Not sure about that... hum...

Oh, and all of the light fixtures in the entire house will be replaced.  I'm thinking something with antique brass...??  Suggestions?



This is our bedroom from the opposite angle.  As you can see, we have the new headboard that Mike built and the dresser that I refinished.  More detail photos later!  Here is the design board for the room, for your reference.  I still have to add some wall art and accessories with pillows and blankets.


 Emma's room has taken a bit of a turn... toward pink!  I am not sure what changed my mind, but I've got a lot of cute pink ideas for her new room.  Again, the lighting is strange in the photo- I'll try to get a more accurate picture later this week.

 
 Here is the back porch that I love so much - the last stop on our tour.  Stay tuned for the next couple of months to see our continued progress!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top