Last night was the last of my Pumpkin Harvest Workshops... whew.  Working until 10pm is a little grueling on the schedule, but it was really fun to be able to meet some of my readers in person.

If you'd like to attend one of my cooking classes, my next class is "The Thanksgiving Host" - here is a link with more information!


My Aunt Joanie from Fahrmeier Farms brought a truck full of pumpkins for the class.  You can see "A Thyme for Everything's" store front in the background.


I had Mulled Apple Cider simmering on the stove that we served in mason jar mugs.


Also on the stove, a giant pot of spicy, hearty chili to which we added roasted butternut squash.

Recipe : Butternut & Beef Chili


Here is my prep area - orange slices for the cider.


I set the tables with brown craft paper, heirloom pumpkins and bittersweet.

 Each participant got a copy of all of the recipes we prepared...
  

And now you can have one, too!  Just click on the image to view the full size and print.  (Sorry!  I'm working on how to get this to work!)

 

We made Hot Hubbard Squash Goat Cheese Dip served with toasted baguette rubbed with garlic.


Field Greens Salad with Apples, Dried Cranberries and an easy to make Balsamic Vinaigrette


Recipe : Butternut & Beef Chili...




We ended the night with Bite Sized S'mores!

I'll be posting all of these recipes throughout the day and the rest of the week - stay tuned!

Again, my next class is "The Thanksgiving Host" - here is a link with more information!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top