Monday I posted a table that was a bright departure from my typical neutral palate... but today I'm back to a more subdued scheme.  Both I love.  To me, this seems more like a traditional setting perfect for Thanksgiving. 

The Candles are 12" Tapers in "Edgartown Sand" named from our trip to Marthas Vineyard with my family.  I tried to name each of my embroidary/candles/printing colors after my favorite things and/or places.  So, the list would not be complete without Edgartown, Ma. 

I think it would also look stunning with 5 or 6 pairs going down the table with a variety of butternut squash. 

The best part, is that anyone can create this table - you don't have to do any flower arranging or anything crafty.  All you have to do is pick a great looking pumpkin and a candle in a coordinating color to create this great monotone look.


The color is perfect for Fall, a rich, buttery, warm, caramel-ly, pale chestnut color.  The actual name from the factory is "Cafe Au Latte." I've seen this exact candle color soooo many times in Martha Stewart Living mag...
Remember this table from Martha Stewart Nov a couple of years ago?  These are the same candles, but in the really tall length - not sure if they are 15" or 18".


I used the same Natural Linen Napkins  (4 for $32) as I had in the first table I posted this week, along with my standard WS Pantry white plates.  I love these napkins, they are so versatile. 


So, as you can see, by swapping out the pewter bowl filled with bright orange gourds for a muted colored heirloom pumpkin, and selecting a more natural colored candle, I've completely changed the look of my table.

More to come tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top