Our bedroom is next on the list.  I do not have a real vision for this room... I feel like I'm just picking things in my typical shades and calling it a day. 

For the moment, I've ordered the satin stitch duvet and shams from Restoration Hardware in Ivory with a Ash grey stitched stripe (pictured in the top left of this photo).  They came in the mail a couple of weeks ago and I really like them.  It is a little more refined than my beds have been in the past, but it is really very classic looking and I think it will give our room a luxurious feel without much fussiness. 

I think I'm going to go with Pumice on the walls (see light cool grey paint chip on the bottom center of the photo to the left).  Or should I go with the dark gravel?  Would that give the room more of a distinct look?   I feel like the lighter grey will be very soothing and classic.  Right?  Or boring?  Hum...


 We'll be keeping the new headboard that we made (see DIY here!) and will be finishing it with the foot board and side rails, making it a hefty freestanding, real bed.

The next decision will be on what accent blankets... I love the look and feel of real wool blankets and I found these on Katy Elliott's blog (another blogger from Massachusetts).  Like her, I'm drawn to the neutral light grey and taupe selections from Prince Edward Island from MacAusland Woolen Mills.  Aren't they pretty?  Starting at $49 for a throw and $89 for a queen blanket sounds amazing to me for a really classic wool blanket.  Now, if I could just decide which one(s)...




Then there are these (above) from Pendleton... Also lovely and around $100.



Also, I have purchased a 13x22 heathered grey cashmere pillow from Restoration Hardware.

And for the bedside...
I'm crazy about this side table from Wisteria... but the price is a little high - especially because I'll be purchasing two.  Have you seen something similar anywhere else for less than $600 each?  Or is that a good price for such a nice looking table?  I really do love it...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top