I can not follow a recipe.  No matter how hard I try, I can not help but to alter it in some way or another...  So, even though this series is supposed to be about The Barefoot Contessa's new book, Foolproof, again I have taken her recipe and done my own version of it.  Ugh.  Sorry.  BUT, these glazed donuts were sooo good.  I guess I'm not that sorry.


Read more about my Month with The Barefoot Contessa Project, here.


I love glazed donuts. 

Mike loves cinnamon sugar donuts.

So, I made both.



When I went to Sur La Table to pick up my doughnut pan (for $10.95... click here to purchase), they also showed me a donut-hole pan that was on sale for $4.

So, I bought both.  And made both.

I started with Ina's recipe for Cinnamon Baked Donuts.  Because I new I would be doing both glazed and cinnamon/sugar, I left out the cinnamon and nutmeg in the batter.  I did everything else.  Exactly.

I have to say - they are good!  I'm not sure which I like better.  I made cinnamon sugar for dessert last night and then the glazed for breakfast.

The batter takes no time to put together - it is about like pancake batter - and bakes for 17 minutes.  So, by the time they come out of the oven, you have time to wash the mixing bowl and put together either the glaze or cinnamon and sugar.  It is definitely something I'll do for guests in the future - dessert or breakfast.


My donut pans.  Large Donut Pan from Sur La Table, $10.95.   The donut-hole pan is not available online.


 The batter ready for the oven.  See how messy I am?


Done - the outside is golden and the inside is so moist... almost creamy.


Cinnamon Sugar (for dessert last night).  After you bake them, they get dunked in butter, then cinnamon sugar.  I think the butter really makes them extra delicious.  Obviously.


Then, this morning's batch - dunked in a simple milk, melted butter and powdered sugar glaze.


Holes, too!


I will be making these again in the near future!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top