It's January!  Ok, so I'm a little late to the party.  After last week's computer meltdown, my month is off to a slow start, but I have finally changed my header from holiday to January.

I thought you might be curious to see what my process is to create these images...


This is one of the early versions of the shot including what is not cropped for the final image.  See me standing on the chair in the bottom right... Do you like my house shoes?  Part of my official uniform.  In and out of the house.  To the store, to Emma's school... I have no shame.



I pull my table near the window in my dining room covered with white linen sheers to create ambient light vs. harsh shadows.


Here is a close-up of the cut paperwhites.  The overhead shot just doesn't do them justice.  I'm so excited to enjoy these this week.


I love soft powder blue in January.  Such a welcome relief from the bold reds and greens from the Holidays.


These coffee cup potted violets were a runner up, but I wanted to keep the palette more simple than the deep purple... even though these will be on my table for the rest of the month.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top