Before we went to bed (as you may have seen on instagram...) I put out all of our beach gear ready for morning, only to wake to...


...the most misty morning.  It really was beautiful - 65 degrees and the air was so misty I could hardly see 10 feet away.



Emma and I in our PJ's.  See the mist behind us?  Magical.  Why is it so fun to get up early on vacation and it feels like a chore any other day.  Am I the only one that gets up earlier on vacation than in real life?


She wasn't a huge fan of the wind... 


It felt so surreal and mystical.  What is it about the sea that seems to have such a presence when you're near it.  I felt so small the entire time we were there - humbling. 



Sandy PJ's.


Beautiful even in bad weather.  I love the little lanterns glowing.  



So, instead of an early morning walk on the beach, we settled for a cozy morning in - well, actually out on the terrace. 


This was Emma's 'spot' - she would carry out all of her food and put it on the bottom step of my chair.  Her favorite dinning spot in Seaside.


Our view for most of the day... and the next couple of days.  The rain was relentless!  It added a very relaxed mood to our week.  Humph.


Emma occupied herself with Trivial Pursuit.  I'll keep my baby-genius comments to myself : )


To pass the rainy day, we painted a dog bowl for Mr. Darcy at the local pottery place.  It was the perfect sunny and happy place to be on a rainy day.


She concentrates very hard on her crafts, just like her Mama.  We painted the inside "Seabreeze" and wrote his name in Navy. 


Hand print time!


The lady that was helping us asked if we wanted to redo it since it was smudged.  I love that it is real and imperfect perfect.



There was more painting to be done - this time by her Daddy.  She couldn't be bothered though, she was busy going in and out, in and out of the doors.



The scape he was painting.  We shipped it home to put in our living room for spring/summer.  I'll post about it when it gets here.


I loved the sweet little curls that she got from the humidity.



  So sweet. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top