I probably sound like a broken record - but I love Kebabs.  You can read more about my testaments (love affair?), here in my Brown Sugar Chili Lime Chicken Kebabs post.  Really, I think a great kebabs are all about the marinade.  During the fall and winter months, we love searing our steaks on the stove-top seasoned with just salt and pepper, but... during the warm months we start craving more flavor.  Because kebabs are cut into smaller pieces, then marinaded, you end up with really flavorful steak.  This is a simple recipe - you don't even have to use the sesame oil if you don't have it, any oil will work.

For the more details about our Outdoor Dinner Party, including table setting and the menu, click here.

Brown Sugar & Sesame
Steak Kebab Marinade


2 pounds of steak (I used strip steaks)
Vegetables (I used squash)
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1/3 cup toasted (dark) sesame oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
Sea Salt & Pepper
Wooden Skewers

Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes.

Trim fat from steaks and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes.  Slice squash into thin rounds. 

In a large bowl, stir together soy, brown sugar, oil and garlic.  Add vegetables and steak.  Toss to coat.  Let marinade in the refrigerator (if you have time - up to overnight).

Skewer before grilling.  Grill on high flame for 2 minutes on each side until hot pink in the middle - it will not take very long!




I served our kebabs with simple grilled fingerling potatoes... recipe to come!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top