I'm re-posting this from two years ago - I set this party up in our backyard at our house in Concord, Ma. (if you're new, you can read about our journey there and back, here).  Rarely do I look back at older posts and still like the photos, but this one I still love.  I think I was a little homesick for game days at our Alma Mater, that designing this inspiration party made me feel a little bit like I was there.  We've been back "home" for a year now (almost exactly) and in typical fashion, I'm starting to get an itch for New England again.  I've got my sights set on another Fall Foliage trip back to visit.

This week we'll be doing some more of my Game Day favorites - ideas that are good for watch parties and tailgates.  There might some oven-baked Steak Nachos in our future... stay tuned!

....

'Tis the season for... tailgating!  Game Day is a big occasion among my college friends and our families.  When we were in college, our Game Days started early in the morning with Hammers at Harpo's (Go Mizzou!) and ended up having dinner (breakfast?) at an all night diner.  We hopped from tailgate to tailgate, then bar to bar - we didn't have a care in the world, nor did we know who won the game.

Now-a-days, we actually go into the stadium for games to, gasp, watch the game, and see the Game Days as a time to catch up with college buddies to talk about the glory days.  Our tailgates are more focused on food and catching up than the keg... most of the time.  

There is nothing better than starting off a crisp Fall day by staking your claim in a soon-to-be packed parking lot, hanging your flag, starting the grill and pouring Bloody Marys.  Game Day is an excuse to graze all day long - it is never too early in the day for whoopie pies, chips, dogs or a cold beer. 

I've put together a Game Day Party Menu that will be perfect for the parking lot or at your home for a TV watch party.


Game Day Menu : 
On the Road or at Home

Pulled Pork Sliders
Creamy Spinach with Tortilla Chips
Pigs in a Blanket with Mustard Dipping Sauce
Football Whoopie Pies
Pumpkin Beers


Spinach Dip is a Game Day classic - great hot or cold!  Creamy Spinach Dip Recipe >>


Pulled Pork Sliders - gotta have meat at any Game Day feast.  Pulled Pork Recipe >>

 

Classic Pigs in a Blanket - an oldie, but a goodie!  Pigs in a Blanket Recipe >>


Whoopie Pies shaped like Footballs - so easy and made from a cake mix.  Football Whoopies Recipe >>


Pumpkin Beers are perfect for Fall


Bring along some seasonal pumpkins and gourds to add to the festivities.


I made this pennant from scraps of fabric and paper attached to a grosgrain ribbon.  This decoration can be used year after year - I made one to hang on our mantle during our game day parties, too.  


Instead of a table cloth, I used a plaid throw that featured our teams colors - blankets work great for casual throws for tailgating.  Make sure they are washable!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top