Last year we hosted a Holiday Open House for everyone on our street and made snowflake sugar cookies, very similar to these, but I used sparkly sanding sugar as an accent.  This year, I have noticed these tiny white sprinkles in my favorite spots - Starbucks, Tessa's blog, and my favorite local bakery.  So, I thought they would add a nice effect to the snowflakes this year - less glittery, more earthy.  I love how they turned out. 

For years, I've done different versions of Snowflake Sugar Cookies on my blog - two years ago I did a pale blue snowflake with white piped lines.  Every time I post them, I am asked where I got the cutter.  I had ordered mine - a copper cutter - 15 years ago from Martha Stewart (martha by mail?!). 

So, when I was stocking my store for the holidays, I knew that I needed to find the perfect snowflake cutter to have available.  What I like about this one that is different than others (besides that it is handmade in the USA...) is that it makes a sturdy snowflake.  The points on others I've used in the past are too long, making them fragile and prone to breaking.  Anyone who has ever made sugar cookies knows there is too much time spent to have them break.  

The Copper Snowflake Cookie Cutter is available on my store for $14.  You can also buy the entire set of 4 (Reindeer, Snowflake, Mitten & Stocking) for $48.



This is by far the easiest sugar cookie to decorate.  Start by filling the base of the cookie with white (or light blue as I did two years ago).  Let the icing set for about 20 minutes.

Make three lines that cross in the middle.  Then add little accent lines off of the sides.



Right after you pipe the lines, cover the cookie with sprinkles.



Shake it off.



Beautiful!  I really love these.  I think they are quite impressive - but no real talent required.  My favorite kind of decorating.







I've packaged these with my "Let It Snow" Small Tags in my Kraft Cookie Boxes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top