After all of the holiday indulgence and richness, I'm in the mood for simple, clean and nourishing food.  Does anyone else feel the same?  While I love the festive bustling Christmas season, I always look forward to the calmness and quiet of January.  I love the idea of "hunkering down" and stocking up.  I've been stocking our pantry with all of my favorite essentials so I can make everything we love without leaving the house.

This Potato Leek Soup is the perfect warm, comforting soup for holiday recovery... especially with crumbled bacon and fresh parmesan on top. 
Potato Leek Soup
with Parmesan & Bacon

4 large Yukon Gold potatoes
2 large leeks
1/4 cup of olive oil
Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper
4 cups of chicken stock
1/2 cup of cream
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
......
crumbled bacon
parmesan
olive oil
crusty bread

 

Peel and dice the potatoes, and chop the leeks.  Add them to a large pot with the olive oil, salt and pepper.  Cook on medium for 10-15 minutes until the soften.


Add chicken stock and continue to cook for 10 more minutes until potatoes are very soft.

 I got a new food processor for Christmas, so I was anxious to give it a whirl.

Puree mixture in batches until smooth.


Add puree back into the pot, add cream and parmesan.  Heat through.


Serve with crumbled bacon, a drizzle of olive oil, a generous sprinkling of parmesan cheese (that I also processed in the food processor - love the texture), and a big chunk of crusty bread.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top