I'm reposting this table setting from last year - still obsessed with these flowers!  Tonight, I'm making our Valentine's Day dinner a little early... Steak Frites (Seared Filets with Truffle Fries).  Stay tuned for tomorrow for the recipes!


Over the holidays we wanted to have our closest friends over for a special dinner... and then we got busy and now it is almost February.  So, I'm making it up to them by hosting a Valentine's dinner party complete with an all Barefoot Contessa menu. 

The entire party was inspired by roses I found at Trader Joe's - spray roses in coral, orange and pale pink.  I bought them on a whim and then decided that I needed to have a Valentine's Day party.  In fact, those roses were the only thing I needed to buy for the table, and at $5 per bunch (for a total of $15) I think they are an amazing centerpiece.  It is a little fancier than I typically set a table for dinner with friends, but I thought it would be fun to gussy it up a bit. Here is a step-by-step guide for how I made this arrangement.

I pulled in our grey wingback chairs from the family room - with their blankets and pillows, they make it such a cozy table.

The menu is a bit over the top!

Here is what I'm planning :

Parmesan Crisps
Caramelized Bacon
Slow-Roasted Beef Tenderloin (I can't get enough...)
Balsamic-Roased Brussels Sprouts
Truffled Mashed Potatoes
Chocolate Cassis Cake

What do you think?  Too much?  Too rich?  Or just right for an indulgent holiday...?



I love how this white rose that was mixed in with the pale pink ones opened up completely.  It looks like a real garden rose.


Here is a link to the step-by-step instructions with flower buying tips (Trader Joe's for these, $15).

Notice, I decided to change the vase after I had completed the arrangement.  I love how the footed vase gives the table a more fanciful, ornate feel - very different than the clean modern vase, which I also love.  It is so interesting how such a small choice, like a vase, can completely influence the entire feel of a table/party.

Here are a couple of photos that show you what's going on adjacent to the dining room to help you get a feel for the mood - the fire is roaring.


... and Mr. is cuddled up in his spot.

I'm sending everyone home with these homemade Salted Caramel Turtle Puddles.  Yes, they are as good as they look.  Maybe better.  This is the second batch I've made in 4 days... the first went too quickly.  AND they are the easiest candy I've ever made.  Easy and amazing... dangerous.

Here is the recipe for the "Puddles" - they are sooo good.

Here is the easy-to-pin strip!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top