I'm always looking for a new way to prepare a traditional dinner entree like Pork Loin - especially in the Spring.  While there are many different marinades and cooking methods out there that can change up the flavor, stuffing it has to be one of my favorites.  It is a great way to introduce some spring vegetables and color to a somewhat plan cut of meat.  It is such an elegant presentation, too - sliced and served on a platter - it is a great option for a Easter or a Spring dinner party.


 This pork loin is stuffed with a mixture of spinach, leeks, garlic and parmesan cheese - very springy.  Any type of filling would be great, though, be creative.  If you're really short on time and energy, you can buy a pre-made spinach dip (or artichoke dip) and use that as the filling. 

When I'm entertaining for a holiday or a dinner party, it is so important that it be easy.  Everything in this menu is cooked on baking sheets in the oven at the same time.  There is no hovering over the stove, or stirring - just put everything on a platter and bring it to the table.


Here is my filling - for the entire recipe, visit my monthly column on MyWell-Being.com.  It starts with sauteing leeks and spinach, then making a simple white sauce with cream and parmsean cheese.  You can't mess it up.


Ask the butcher to butterfly the pork loin for you to make it really simple.


Again, recipe and details on MyWell-Being.com.


Here is everything roasting at the same temperature.  Very easy!


And, sorry for boring you again with photos of this table (that I used to feature many of my spring products), but many of you that purchased the items have asked me about the details, and about recreating the flower arrangement at home.  So, here it goes : )

For the table setting I used :

Large Willow Vase filled with white hydrangeas, yellow daffodils, and pussy willow sprigs.  (arranging details below)

Hand-Dipped Taper Candles in Lexington Wheat : I love a neutral, tone on tone look, so after looking at multiple candle color options, I went with this muted, warm yellow.

Hemstitch Linen Runner (medium) for my table linen - I hardly ever use a table cloth because I love the natural wood of the table.

Creamware Egg Cups to display brown eggs.







For the arrangement, start by plopping all of my flowers in the vase so I am sure I have enough - and am using the right vase shape and size.  I used the hydrangeas to fill out the mass of the vase, and then highlighted with groupings of the yellow daffodils.


I always to arrangements within arrangements - so I make little bunches of flowers and add them to the bunch.  I think big blocks of color are more pleasing than a homogenous arrangement with all of the flowers evenly dispersed.  It seems more natural and gathered.


Also, be careful not to go color crazy - I like to stick to 2-3 colors in various shades, otherwise it can be spastic looking.  When in doubt, just go with one color.










And because I always like some natural texture, I added the pussy willow branches.  They add the perfect touch of spring - and are so beautiful when you look at them so closely. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top