*Before I get to the recipe, I wanted to let you know that I've restocked some of the items that sold out almost immediately when the new spring products were launched.  One of those items is the Creamware Platters.  In fact, I wrote this post a couple of weeks ago, but didn't want to taunt you with the platters in the photos until they were once again available in the store.  They are available individually, and also by the set of six, for those of you that requested.  I've also restocked the Gathering Baskets (mine is now filled with Forsythia!) and the Willow Vase & Votive Collection.  All of these items will make beautiful additions to your Easter table - and, of course, the Easter Tags & Place Cards that are recent additions, too. 


.........

I'm always tweaking and playing with existing recipes.  Actually, when I'm making dinner, I rarely follow a recipe (even my own) unless I'm trying something new - and let's face it, I've already memorized all of the Barefoot Contessa books...

I recently jazzed up an old favorite, Roasted Lemon Thyme Chicken.  I added some rosemary, green olives and butter to the original.  The new additions made it more vibrant - and Emma loves "oblives" so I knew they'd be a big hit with her.  I also roasted carrots (are you tired of them yet, obviously, we are not!) and beets for tremendous color.  Both vegetables are prepared the same way - peeled, olive oil, salt and pepper, then roasted at 425ish on a sheet pan for 30ish minutes.  I served everything on one platter (the Rectangle/Octagon Medium - Creamware Platter), which makes this dinner for 2.5 people look like a Sunday feast. 



And since it was Sunday, I also served with... Mashed Potatoes, of course.  I love this "Smallest" Creamware Platter as a side dish for things like mashed potatoes, because of its curved sides, it is almost a shallow bowl.




The pan drippings are the most wonderful addition to the meal - lemony, garlicy, rosemary-y.  We poured them right over the mashed potatoes to take everything over the top.  And Emma dipped her carrots in it.

Roasted Chicken
with lemon, rosemary, thyme & olives 


Get my Printable Recipes, here.

4 chicken breasts, split
1/2 cup of olive oil
2 tablespoons of melted butter
2 lemons, juiced
3 cloves of garlic
10 sprigs of thyme
1 tablespoon of rosemary, minced (I used dry, but fresh would be better)
1/4 cup of green olives, sliced
1 tablespoon of sea salt
1/2 tablespoon of cracked pepper


Place chicken breasts in a baking dish.  In a bowl, combine olive oil, butter, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, thyme and olives.  Pour mixture over the chicken.  Sprinkle salt and pepper over the breasts.  Cover and marinate for 1 hour or more, if you have the time.



Bake chicken covered in foil at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts.  Remove from the oven, let sit for 10 minutes before serving.

Reserve lemony sauce in the bottom of the pan, and serve to pour on mashed potatoes. 

Serve with Roasted Carrots (Rainbow or Regular) and Beets (I used the same method for the beets as the carrots in the recipe link).


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top