Big news, the Willow Serving Baskets are now restocked in the store and ready to ship!  I've used mine so many times this summer for entertaining - and on a daily basis to organize my kitchen counters.  I can't wait to start using this Fall for some of the parties I have planned.  

When I first debuted this photo back in June, many of you asked for the pickles recipe.  I didn't want to taunt you with photos of the baskets (that were then sold out), so I've waited until now.  Hope you still have plenty of cucumbers ready for pickle making!

Easy Homemade Pickles

10 small cucumbers, cut into thin slices or quarters
3 cups of vinegar 
1 cup of sugar
1/3 cup of sea salt
1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons of dry mustard
1/3 cup of peppercorns
4 cloves of garlic, sliced in half
1 bunch of dill, divided into 4

Combine the vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper flakes and mustard into a saucepan and bring to a slight boil to dissolve the sugar and salt.  Remove from heat.  

In 4 jars, place 2 garlic halves, a couple sprigs of dill, 1 tablespoon of peppercorns and one quarter of the cucumbers.  Pour vinegar mixture into each jar to the brim.  Fasten the lids on the jar and refrigerate for 2 days before eating.  The pickles will keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks!










I love to use my gathering baskets to organize everything on a buffet and hold plates, napkins and silverware.








While these green striped linen tea towels (being used as napkins) are sold out, I do have a couple of other colors still in-stock, here.

Organizing a food display like this is a really easy way to make very simple items look bountiful and very inviting... the real secret to easy entertaining!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top