This is the 3rd time I've shared a recipe similar to this on the blog.  The first was in 2010, and the second in 2011.  Now that it is 2014, I've perfected it - and simplified it.  Perhaps it is my lack of time or brain power to make sure that I had all of the ingredients that the first two included... I think there were 18?  Now, when we're at the grocery store, I'm pushing a giant red car cart, feeding Emma grapes and cleaning up the carton of pink milk we just drizzled down Aisle 4.

It seems like I always end up forgetting a couple of things we need to make dinner happen.  But, dinner always does happen anyway - maybe not the way I intended, but sometimes it turns out for the better.  In this case, I've simplified the ingredients to make the entire dish work better together.



You can see the old recipes, here, and grimace at my photography like I did.

I like to serve this with warm steak and noodles, but you can also serve it cold, more like a salad... which is how I had the left overs for lunch today. 

Sign-up here for an emailed version of my Printable Recipes.

Thai Steak Noodles in Peanut Sauce


1 pound Flank Steak
1/2 box Linguine, cooked
1 small head savoy or napa cabbage, shredded
1 1/2 cups carrots, matchsticks
1/4 cup of cilantro, fresh, torn into pieces
1 red pepper, matchsticks
3 tablespoons of peanut butter
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon siracha (more for spicier)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1 lime, cut in wedgest


Salt the steak on both sides, then sear it in a hot pan for 3 minutes on each side.  Cover with foil and let rest for 15 minutes, then slice thin.

Meanwhile, cook the linguine in salted boiling water until al dente.  Drain.


To make the sauce, combine the peanut butter, oil, siracha, brown sugar and garlic in a small bowl.


Mix with whisk or fork until smooth. 


Add pasta, steak, shredded cabbage, carrots, cilantro and red pepper. 


 Serve with a squeeze of lime and chopped peanuts (if you can remember them... I forgot!).

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top