As I'm in the process of de-Holidayizing my house, I'm moving the dark and cozies out, and all of my light and fresh in.  I'm replacing my Woodland china with powder blue, and wool plaid with pale blue cashmere - it is still January, after all.  


One thing that definitely brightens our home is this living arrangement of Paperwhites.  Isn't it stunning?  I can't wait to start another planting when the paperwhites have finished blooming.  I'm thinking a thick planting of hyacinth.  They will smell so good!  I love growing bulbs indoors. 

Did you notice how there are twigs around the perimeter of the box to support the tall stalks?  They got a little too heavy even with the twig supports, so I tied them with natural twine.  A thick satin ribbon would be lovely, too.

They started to get too cold on the sun porch, so they are living here for the moment... which is nice because it helps to keep the mail/keys/dog leash/phones from piling up here.  I'm looking to create a new organizing space for all of our 'stuff' that gathers on the counter.  Any ideas?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top