It is finally here!  Granted, I only had to wait 3 days for it to arrive, but it has been a long time coming.  In our first house, we had installed a 36" gas range.  We'd just received all of our new cookware - All Clad and Staub - and I felt like I had it my stride.  I loved it, but it sold with the house. Then, we moved to our house in Concord, Ma. that we rented which came with appliances - an electric flattop range.  It was good looking, but I really missed the control of a real gas range.  

When we moved into our new house, it came with a 1990-ish black gas range.  Hum.  It was gas.  It worked great.  It was fine.  I decided that with all of the other expenses we were incurring with the new move, I could live with it.  Yes, I decided I would wait until we did the new addition to the house that would include a new kitchen to replace it.  Then, it happened. 

A few weeks ago, I was baking some test scones for my cooking class... and the oven never turned on.  Hum...  I tried it that night - worked.  Must have been a fluke.  Ugh. 

A week later, I was getting ready to bake some cookies- no heat.  No heat for our pre-bedtime cookies?!  That's where I draw the line.  Most people would have been annoyed...

I sent an email to Verona.  Three days later...


She's here!  And in a way, I finally feel like "I'm back."



For the sake of comparison : New vs. Old

When I was doing research for a new range, I knew the look I was after.  I didn't quite (or even close...) have the $10K budget for a Viking, but I really wanted a professional-grade 36" stainless steel gas range.  So I looked around.

A Verona.  I'm not sure where I found it, but when I did I was shocked.  She was beautiful.  She was commercial looking.  She was Italian.  But I wasn't sure how much she cost... $3,500 (AJ Madison).  Sold.




This is the online description of the Verona Duel Fuel 36" Gas Range:
Exquisite Italian design meets superior power and performance in this 36-Inch Dual Fuel Range by Verona. Elegant chrome knobs and handles compliment type 304 stainless steel construction for professional looking style and function while Duel Fuel delivers the best of both cooking worlds, the control of a gas cooktop and the consistency of an electric oven. The Verona series range has a cooktop with five high-power sealed burners offering semi, dual and triple ring configurations for optimal cooking power.  The large capacity electric oven features a multi-function programming with European convection and added element allowing for more uniform oven temperature.  Added features of the Verona range include a digital clock and timer, continuous cast iron grates, EZ clean oven surface and a spacious full-width storage compartment.   Customize this Verona range with four color choices- burgundy, antique white, matte black and stainless steel- four backguard choices and an optional rounded handle.   Available accessories include easy-glide rolling racks, a range top griddle and maple cutting board.


So far, I have absolutely looovvved it.  No complaints.  Not only does it look like a professional range, but it works like one, too.  I have complete control over the flame, the grates are heavy and handle my big heavy pots and pans like a champ, and it cleans up really well.  I got the duel fuel - gas stove top and electric oven.  The best of both worlds. 


We also purchased a new refrigerator - GE Cafe French Door.  I love that it also has a commercial look.  I think the two look great together without being the same brand.

As I posted last week, we also ripped out the upper cabinets on the left side of the kitchen and replaced it with open shelving.  Some of the other upgrades include DIY subway tile counter tops, new antique brass pulls and solid wood paneling backsplash.  




 Up next... our DIY subway tile counter tops.  It was a great $40 way to brighten up our kitchen.  Yes - $40!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top