Part of my preparations for my Thanksgiving workshops this week is creating a table setting and centerpiece.  I wanted it to feel real.  I don't know about everyone else, but I'm getting a little tired of overly staged and styled 'tablescapes' with their stacks of crowded props, and too tall and too massive of centerpieces.  I thought, "If I went to the Barefoot Contessa or Martha Stewart's (circa 1996) house for Thanksgiving, what would it look like?"  It would be decidedly classic, simple, and traditional. 

My style is not traditional in an old world, dusty fashion, but in a clean, modern approach.  Does that make any sense at all? 

It's not Thanksgiving without a jumbled mix of chairs, right?  I used slipcovered at the head and black painted ladder back.   Here is a link to my set-up from the fist Thanksgiving we hosted.  I used my family's collection of wooden folding chairs that I love.
 

I made this rose, mum and broom cob arrangement, using a pumpkin as a vase.  We've all seen this a thousand times, but I think it is so perfect for Thanksgiving, that I just had to do my own version.

DIY Instructions for creating the centerpiece, here.


Spode Woodlands China Collection
Pottery Barn Silver Plate Flatware
Williams-Sonoma Wine Glasses (discontinued)
Williams-Sonoma Pewter Tray
 

 At the head chairs I used these two vintage Spode Turkey plates that Mike's Mom found for me.


Also, I included a velvet and linen pillow in the head chairs for a little extra luxury.


Here is the easy-to-pin strip!



and...


Happy Thanksgiving Planning! 

DIY Instructions for creating the centerpiece, here.

All Week : Thanksgiving Planning Tips & Recipes from my Thanksgiving Workshop

In the meantime, visit my Thanksgiving Guide for more inspiration!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top