May Day is such a whimsical holiday - secretly sharing spring blooms on friends' and neighbors' doorsteps.  It is one of those things I say I'm going to do but never remember to do on the first of May.  I do, on occasion, leave special treats outside my friends' doors throughout the year - cookies on valentine's days, homemade candy during the holidays or farm fresh sweet corn in the summer. 

When Mike and I got engaged, I left these "Will you be my bridesmaid?" peony bundles on my bridesmaids-to-be doors.  Hello old camera and old front door!  

I do realize it is not May Day today, as I write this.  However, Mike and I owe our neighbor a big "Thank You."  So, as I was documenting this Cherry Blossom inspired Thank You gift, I thought it would be great inspiration for May Day, as well.


My gift bag included a loaf of Cherry Almond Pound Cake and a bundle of Blooming Cherry Branches, along with a thank you note.

 
The recipe for the Cherry Almond Pound Cake will be posted tomorrow (update : here is recipe the link!).  I hope everyone is not bored of pound cake posts yet - they are just so great, the perfect little sized cake for me to whip up during the week... and I always have all of the ingredients on hand. 


As I said in my Banana Cream Pie post, I really need a nice wide window sill in my new kitchen...

 
I wrapped the cake in parchment and put one of my kitchen labels on it - remember this post about what I like to keep in my kitchen to help me easily package goodies?



No printer or computer needed to create this Thank You Card.


I used a stamp from Paper-Source with a chalk inkpad.  I love that with this stamp I can turn anything into a Thank You gift.  The scalloped edge paper is also from  Paper-Source.



I wrapped the branches in clear cellophane - it is one of the things I always keep in the house.  I use it as filler in bags and baskets, too.


Ready for delivery!

Here is the easy-to-pin strip!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top