I've had several readers ask me about preparing my "Homemade Cinnamon Rolls" for Two in my Wooden Baking Baskets, so I thought I'd share a quick how-to.  This is one of my favorite gifts to give - everyone loves a delicious cinnamon roll... or two.   Two cinnamon rolls fit perfectly into the medium-sized baskets.

Products Used :

Wooden Baking Basket - Medium

Cello Bag - Large

Emma's Room Pink 2" Grosgrain Ribbon

Sweetest Day Tags - Set of 20

As always...  My secret weapon to "homemade" bread is Rhodes frozen bread dough.  (This is not paid, by the way.)  It is found in almost every grocery store in the freezer department.  Over the years I have transformed the simple dough into Cinnamon Rolls, Monkey Bread, Pecan Rolls, Pizza Bread, etc. 

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
8-10 rolls







1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 loaf of frozen bread dough (Rhodes brand)
3 tablespoons of butter, softened
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
.......
Egg Wash :
1 egg, beaten
.......
2 tablespoons of butter melted
1 cup of powdered sugar
milk, to thin, if necessary



Let the dough thaw overnight in the refrigerator.  You can also use your defrost setting the in microwave if you're in a pinch.  Each log of dough will make 8-10 rolls.  I put a little oil in the bowl, then put in the dough.  I flip the dough around a couple of times to coat it with the oil, so as it rises it doesn't stick to the bowl.  Cover loosely with plastic wrap.


I set my oven at 120 degrees, put in a pan of warm water, and let it rise in the oven.  


I decided to throw another log of dough in after I took the first photos.  This is what they looked like after rising for an hour and a half.


I separated the two, then rolled each out on a floured surface.  I had the wooden baking basket out to make sure I was rolling it out to the correct size.


Butter generously.


Top with brown sugar and cinnamon.  You could also add raisins and nuts.


 Roll it up.  Then, cut them into 1 1/2" slices.  You should get about 8-10 rolls from one loaf.


And place two in a the medium basket with a liner. 


I brushed them with a little oil, then let them rise for an hour and a half.  Before they go into the oven, brush with an egg wash.

**Sorry for the bad lighting - I did these at night : )



They bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes - or until golden. 

I drizzled it with a simple mixture of melted butter, powdered sugar and milk to make a quick glaze.  I let it harden, then packed them up.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top