Well, it has taken me the entire summer, but I finally got Emma's Big Girl room done - sort of.  There are still many things that I need to "find," like the antique (looking, or real?) pine dresser and a headboard/bed (probably upholstered?).  We have replaced her crib with a Big Girl Bed - the real purpose of this project, and removed the clunky changing table from her room.  

It is just perfect for now - it is a cozy, not too perfect and filled with Emma's favorite things.

This gallery wall is what took me all summer - well, actually, it only took a weekend, but finding that weekend is always the tough part!  I painted all of the frames myself (because I like everything to match my trim... like a crazy person).  


Her Big Girl Bed - Pottery Barn woodland duvet and shams layered with ruffled white sheets (also PBK), linen euro sham (Pottery Barn) and the quilt my Mom made for me 10 years ago.


Here's Emma's snuggly bed.


Our nightly reads : )   Around the Year is Emma's favorite book - we love Tasha Tudor around here.



A glimpse of the closet - remember how pale pink and cream it was before in her nursery?  Growing into a "big girl" means more fun colors, which I love now - it is all a little more fun.



This is our "golden shell" souvenir from Seaside - every night the girls and I would go on a treasure hunt for the "golden shell" and the last night they found it!  I plan to write the "Legend of the Golden Shell" on the back... at some point.



I mounted it on artboard and removed the glass from the frame.


We worked on the watercolors over the summer - nothing here is permanent, I plan to swap out our artwork for Emma's in the next couple of months.



The sweet little antique chair filled with lovies and Blah Blahs.



Emma's board of friends and photos.


Into the closet - the best part of Emma's room.  It is almost half the size of her actual room and we treat it as a mini play room.


Mocs and ballet slippers.


Her old crib mattress became her "secret snuggle spot" in her closet... because we literally had no where else to put it.  It does make a nice bed (that we put out in the room) for cousins that spend the night!


Just in case you thought Emma didn't have any real "stuff."


We've got lots of it, but I do continually try to keep it to a limit.  Daily battle : )


The doll house from her birthday.



Thanks for joining me on a tour.  I really love to document our living spaces, especially for Emma - there are so many memories made in four walls!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top