We had a fall fun-packed weekend with my Sister and her family in town.  In two and a half days we went to a pumpkin patch, a train station, we stumbled upon a parade, had a craft day at kaleidoscope, ran around in a hotel (since we don't have a house...) and went to the Fall Festival in our neighborhood.  I love this photo of the 5 of us at the pumpkin patch!


Here Emma and Sam are running for the Corn Maze.


And running through the Corn Maze.  Pink cowgirl boots, of course.



Yeehaw!


Emma in the tunnel, 2014, age 2


Kate in the tunnel, 2014, age 1


Flashback : Sam in a tunnel 3 years ago, 2011, age 1
*You might remember my post of Sam in a similar tunnel at a pumpkin patch and some Halloween gifts I made for friends - 3 years ago!

I love this photo from our neighborhood fall festival - Emma's 2nd horse ride of the weekend.  One of our friends took this photo of her daughter and caught Emma and me in the background : )

After being in survival mode for the last couple of weeks - packing, moving, unpacking, hosting family - we are settling into our new routine.  I still have some organizing to do this afternoon so I am no longer digger through boxes to access my work things, but we're feeling a little more settled.  The house is moving right along - the digging starts today!  I'm headed over this afternoon to look at the progress before I pick Emma up from school.  I'm a little cautious of exposing her to too much of the ugly part of the construction, because I don't want her to be worried about her house being torn apart.  I'll take her there more when the fun, building part of the process begins.

Here is my dinner plan for the week... I'm not really sure what order they will happen!

French Onion Soup & Salad

This is Emma's favorite soup... who would've guessed?!  I have to say it is one of mine, too.  I'll be making a really yummy salad with greens, chopped egg, bacon and veggies with buttermilk garlic dressing, too.





Roasted Beat & Vegetable Salad with Goat Cheese & Chicken

This will be a new recipe - sort of like the one pictured, but more of a salad, without olives or rosemary... so verry different, I guess.  My plan is to roast beets, carrots and brussel sprouts, along with chicken breasts.  Then cut into large pieces, toss with arugula and lemon shallot vinaigrette and add goat cheese.










Meatball Lasagna

If this doesn't happen on Wednesday, it will happen on Sunday.


Braised Short Ribs

A popular one!  Again, this might happen Sunday instead, we'll see how the week goes.  Sometimes by Thursday we are having Chinese takeout : )



















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top