This morning it was 58 degrees for my walk with Mr. Darcy.  Ahhh.  Finally.  We were spoiled with a mild summer, but just as we were ready for Fall, it has been 98 degrees for the last couple of weeks.  I feel like we've really earned it now.  Our week's menu reflects the chill in the air - lots of comfort food.  Emma and I + some friends will be decorating Fall Sugar Cookies this week and sipping on apple cider to put us in full on Fall mode.  I'll be sharing more fall baking products later in the week including fall copper cookie cutters, sprinkles, and baskets perfect for hostess gifts and treats.

What are the first fall-ish foods that you like to make?  I have apples and salted caramel all ready for after school snacks this week!

Pot Roast with Slow-Simmered Cabernet & Thyme Mushrooms, Chive Mashed Potatoes & Roasted Carrots

I'll be using this recipe but adding a chuck roast to the simmering mixture.  I haven't tried it before, but I'll let you know how it goes!
















Barefoot Contessa's Penne alla Vodka Sauce

I've been really craving this lately - a favorite that I haven't made in a while!  Sometimes I add sliced chicken and mushrooms to add a little protein and heft without it being all pasta... but it is good all on its own, too.


















Soup Night / Leftovers : Italian Vegetable & Beef Stew

You might remember that I made this soup, but without beef, a couple of weeks ago.  This time, I'll use some of the left over beef from Pot Roast on Monday to add to this Italian Vegetable Soup.  Sorry, you might see this on repeat a little bit - it is my very favorite for Fall.

















Brown Sugar & Sesame Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Vegetables

This is a little bit lighter than the rest of the week - basically, roasted pork tenderloin with vegetables.  I'll probably do something very simple for the sides like sauteed green beans and maybe some steamed rice... or mac n'cheese depending on how many walks I go on this week or how many fall sugar cookies we eat while decorating on Tuesday ; )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top