Last week, TheDaily.com came to my house to shoot a video for a 4th of July video.  I created this "Star-Spangled 4th of July Party" complete with a Red, White and Blueberry Ice Cream Cake, baskets of berries, a Help Yourself Bar with Star-Spangled Sangria.  For the behind the scenes scoop, visit this blog post.   To watch the video they beautifully produced, click here!



Here is the complete table with the Red, White & Blueberry Ice Cream Cake as the centerpiece.



I set the table (yes, that is my farm table that is usually on my sun porch) in our back yard under a big tree.



Here is the Help Yourself Bar featuring Star-Spangled Sangria with Mason Jar glasses.  Here is a link to the DIY instructions for setting up this bar and easy patio decorations.


I made the stars for the sangria out of a red apple cut with a cookie cutter... it really couldn't have been easier.   Here is the recipe for the Star-Spangled Sangria


As you can see, I used navy tin plates that had a shiny silver edge - great for outdoor entertaining.  Down the table I used mason jars filled with rock salt and flags for a little height and festivity. 



On the table I tucked baskets of blueberries, cherries and strawberries amongst the flags for a seasonal touch... and who doesn't love an edible centerpiece. 


Speaking of edible centerpieces...


This ice cream cake is three layers with strawberry and blueberry soaked cake inside- it truly is red, white and blue.  And delicious.  And easy.   Here is the recipe! Watch the video for the step-by-step instructions

Click below to continue reading after the break!



I love how the table turned out.  It is casual, but definitely festive and it feels appropriate for the occasion- no fancy floral centerpieces or taper candles here!


I hope this has helped inspire your celebrations this 4th of July!  Be sure to watch the video!

Here is the easy to pin strip!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top