In just a couple of days we'll be on our way back to Kansas City for the 4th of July.  Last year we didn't make it home for the 4th and while we had a great time watching the famed Boston Fireworks display, I hated hearing about the festivities back home.  I told Mike that we would absolutely be going back for the 4th this year.  I can't wait to spend the 4th of July out in the country at my parents' house for a casual day by the pool with the entire family.  There will be mountains of food, kids in the pool and my Brother and my Dad setting off a fireworks display that night (another benefit of celebrating in the country is that you can have your own display). 

When I talked to my Mom, she already had the menu planned- most of it either from their garden, their field or one of their friends' gardens or fields.  Even the ribs would be from a local butcher and prepared by a family friend.  This menu is similar to what we'll having.  I think it sums up all of the best of summer - BBQ, sweet corn, cucumbers, tomatoes, peaches & watermelon.


The BEST (& easiest) Barbeque Ribs


Grilled Sweet Corn on the Cob


Sliced Garden Tomatoes


Old Fashioned Cucumber Salad


Easy Peach Crostada

 
 Easy Peach Crostada 


Watermelon Margarita

Here is the easy to pin strip!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top