When we were little my sister and I would try to get my Mom's homemade bread to look and taste like white sandwich bread, and my Dad's plump and juicy burgers to look like the ones we got in a happy meal.  Funny how in those days store-bought seemed better than homemade. 

Today, some of my favorite things are handmade.  Emma recieved so many beautiful handmade gifts that we will love forever. 

Here is a little gallery of some of the gifts our family and friends made just for her...

Above : My grandma made and embroidered this quilt for Emma.  One of the squares has a little girl playing with her doggy - love it. 

Left : The "Knit Wits" from our Church brought this knitted hat by for Emma.  It is so cozy!
 

My Mom made this quilt for Emma complete with a silky trim - one of my favorite things when I was little. 


This sweater was not made personally by my friend, but she had it handmade by someone - that counts right?  Either way, it is such a sweet little sweater.


You might remember these booties from Emma's Baptism outfit, but they were worth showing again.  I still can't believe someone made them!


Her Baptismal dress itself was made by hand by my great Aunt.  It was originally made for my Dad's baptism 50+ years ago.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top