I wish I had had thought of this when I had my catering business... my clients would've gone crazy for them.  I can't tell you how many brunches and ladies lunches I catered!  Baby shower brunches, wedding showers, holiday breakfasts, anniversary luncheons - all requesting quiche.  They would've loved these.

Not only would they be great for a party, but also great to keep in the freezer for holiday house guests.

When we have friends or family stay, I like breakfast to be a casual, help-yourself kind of thing - everyone can do their own thing while lounging and drinking coffee.  These would be perfect to make ahead of time and put out with scones (that you also made ahead and kept pre-baked in the freezer) and a bowl of berries.  Easy, and better than making everyone waffles or omelets.

I used basically the same recipe I use for a regular size, but divided it among my disposable Petite Tart Pans ($6 for 10).  They are naturally non-stick because they have a wax coating.





  They require quite a bit of filling, which is nice because it is a generous portion.  I recommend portioning 2 eggs for each pan.  Along with the classic egg, and half-and-half mixture you can add anything - here I did mushrooms, spinach, feta and chives.  

The other combo I made was ham, cheddar and chive (for Mike).


I love the idea of having a variety of combinations for people to choose from.  There were a couple of "everything" ones for me, and some veggie for Mike's Dad.




Here is the egg mixture recipe I used :

Basic Quiche Filling, for 6 Petite Quiche Tarts :
2 Pastry Crust = enough for 6 tart pans
12 eggs
1 1/4 cup of Half & Half
Salt & Pepper
1/4 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
*Cheese, Ham, Mushrooms, Peppers, Chives... etc!


Cut the crusts into circles, about 1 inch bigger than the pans, then press them in.  Fill with cheese, meats and veggies.  Pour egg mixture in.


Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until golden and puffed.  You need to bake them a little longer than you might think because the crust on the bottom needs time to brown.


Aren't they pretty!  Your guests will love them.






I served ours with Orange Cranberry Scones.  They are great to make ahead of time and keep in the freezer or refrigerator.  They bake for just 15 minutes, so they don't take much time at all in the morning.  You can also make the orange glaze for them ahead of time, or the morning of if you "need" something to do : )



















Products Featured :

Petite Tart Pans, $6 for 10

Red & Natural Gingham Plaid Tea Towel (under tart pan), 2 for $28

Red & Natural Striped Tea Towel (under plate), 2 for $28

Parchment Pan Liners, $8 for 100










0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top