The Thanksgiving Guide

I remember when I hosted my first Thanksgiving, at the time I owned a small catering company and had done countless dinner parties in my client's homes - it should have been easy!  However, I discovered Thanksgiving is an entirely new world of entertaining - so many traditions, recipe expectations, family favorites and requests.  Dad wants chocolate pie, Uncle Kevin wants Pecan, Jill likes Banana Cream... Mike doesn't like mushrooms, but the family's favorite stuffing has mushrooms, so I guess I'll make two versions... oh, and everyone wants to bring something.  It can get kinda crazy - for everyone.

For me, I had to just rein it in - I did what I do.  I simplified, I made some new, some old and I made the day about relaxing and enjoying.

I've just finished completed this year's Thanksgiving Guide full of favorite Recipes, inspiring table settings, easy centerpiece ideas and lots of photo galleries.

I've also included my Thanksgiving Worksheets that I created for that first Thanksgiving and I still use anytime I'm hosting a dinner - checklists and cooking timelines that help you be on "autopilot" the day of.  It really does help me organized, prepare as much as possible ahead of time and be able to enjoy the holiday.   I hope you find it helpful, too.

Happy Saturday!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top