Last week I shared my all time favorite Christmas Dinner Menu (Crab Cakes, Beef Tenderloin, Chocolate Molten Cakes, etc.) and today I am sharing my favorite Brunch menu.  It is hard to narrow down, because I share a lot of brunch recipes here, so choosing amongst my favorite can be a challenge.  However, for Christmas Brunch I have my favorites that my Mom has fixed year after year.  

Bloody Marys
Shrimp Cocktail
...

Fruit Platter
Orange & Peach Smoothies topped with Champagne





This was a photo from a couple of years ago at our Christmas brunch right after Emma was born.  


I don't know what it is about Christmas, but I could have good old fashioned Shrimp Cocktail for every meal. I serve it on ice in a shallow platter like this with an empty bowl for tails.

Lox & Bagel Platter

This is a new addition for us - something that was always served at my favorite brunch spot.


Crab Quiche

We love seafood at our house, and making this a crab quiche with lump crab meat makes it feel like a special brunch.  My mom usually makes a sausage and mushroom quiche, too.

Orange Cranberry Scones

Citrus and Cranberry = Holiday even though we love these all year long.




The bacon getting ready to be baked in the oven - 325 degrees for 18-22 minutes.  The BEST way to fix bacon.


Bountiful fruit platter keeps us from being too indulgent.


Monkey Bread - very indulgent, but the fruit balances it out, right?

Orange & Peach Smoothies topped with Champagne

You can follow the recipe, or just use frozen peaches in a blender with orange juice - easy!  I love the taste of fresh peaches on Christmas morning.  Granny used to bring her summer peaches that she had frozen over for Christmas brunch every year and they were such a treat!

I'd love to hear about your favorite Christmas Brunch recipes and traditions, too.  I hope everyone is enjoying this last week before Christmas.  Emma's birthday was yesterday, so I stepped out of the Holiday limelight for a couple of days to celebrate with her.  I feel like we have sort of checked all of our Christmas must-dos off of the list and now we can just relax and enjoy the season... that's the goal anyway.  I'm sure Christmas Eve will get here before we know it and I will be scrambling for something!  Always.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top