"Homemade" Cinnamon Roll Gift
 

I've talked a lot about "Homemade" Cinnamon Rolls from frozen bread dough.  Basically, you get to skip the time consuming part and jump right to spreading cinnamon and sugar.  Before you know it, you have fresh baked, hot cinnamon rolls dripping in icing.   They are great for a hostess gift or surprise treat for teachers and neighbors.

Because they are so easy and such a treat, they are one of my favorite gifts to give.  Last year I baked Cinnamon Roll Bread in my Wooden Baking Baskets (still a favorite - the medium is great for 2 rolls) so this year I packaged them in one of my Cookie Boxes for giving.  

To dress them up a little, I wrapped them in Thin Cotton Ribbon and added a Stocking Tag.  In very little time, we ended up with 4 boxes of Cinnamon Rolls for giving and 4 rolls for eating.  It is a great project for kids to help with because there is very little precision involved - just lots of sprinkling sugar and cinnamon and drizzling icing.  All things at which Emma excels : )

Happy Holiday Baking!
Jenny



My "Homemade" Cinnamon Roll Recipe is here.  For this project of 24 rolls, I used all three loaves of frozen bread dough that comes in the package and baked them in a sheet pan lined with Parchment Paper.


We did the thawing, rising, rolling and cutting the night before, then let the unbaked rolls sit in the refrigerator overnight.  In the morning, I got them out, let them sit in a warm spot for 1 hour, then baked them at 350 for 15 minutes.


Four rolls fit nicely in the Small Cookie Box, (10 for $14.50) but it can depend on what size you make them.  I think 9 would fit in the Large Cookie Box (5 for $10.50) if you're making them for a big family or group (of teachers, for example).


We waited to drizzle the icing until I had them in the box so it would look extra yummy and drippy down the sides.

Products Used :

Cookie Boxes ($14.50 for 10)
Thin Cotton Ribbon ($15 for 100 yards)
Stocking Tags ($6 for 20)

See some of my other Baking Essentials for the Holidays, here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top