Food "kits" are one of my favorite things to give, especially when they combine our favorite things to share.  We (mostly Emma and Mike) are really into pancakes this year, and with our recent trip to Vermont, this seemed like a great way to share our favorite things as gifts.

The other great thing about this gift is that it is an "assembly only" gift - no baking, no cooking, no drizzling, no frosting.  The only thing you have to do is stir together the dry ingredients (you may not even have to go to the store) and put them into a Kraft Bag (10 for $12).  I printed an "Our Favorite Pancake Mix" label on the front, then included instructions on another label on the back.  

You can download the labels that can be printed on my Printable labels (in kraft or cream) - download them here

Here is the recipe I used : 

5 cups flour
1/2 cup of sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1 tablespoon kosher salt


The directions for using the mix is on the back - all they have to do is add milk and eggs, then stir together.  



The other special part of this present is the Farmhouse Pottery syrup pitcher and their little bottle of Vermont Maple Syrup.  This was a treasure we found on our trip!  I will post more about our visit to their pottery studio and how perfect, creative, beautiful, rustic, cozy, elegant, modern and perfect (did I say that?) everything was.  I have a couple of other things I had them ship back to me for gifts, too, and gifts for our new kitchen... that I'll be giving myself around Easter, it seems.  Let's just hope it is not Mother's Day!

Of course, if you want to find any bottle of Maple Syrup, that would work, too!  I'm thinking of adding some homemade biscotti, as well.  


I haven't found the perfect basket/box/container yet for our gifts, but I will show how I ultimately end up packaging at some point.    

Products Used :

Kraft "Coffee" Style Bags, $12 for 10


Printable Labels, $5 (on sale!) for 50

Enjoy $5 Shipping on all orders today and many markdowns on Christmas packaging, tags, ribbons and cello bags.  You can see all sale items, here!  Happy Gifting!


Jenny

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top