Welcome, friends old and new! I'm so excited that the Christmas season is upon us and I have the opportunity to let you into our home to see how we celebrate the holiday.

It's the busiest time of year for me—hence the lack of posting since before Thanksgiving! It has honestly been the most hectic couple weeks of my life and it feels amazing to finally be done with the house and able to enjoy it.

This past weekend I managed to shop for supplies/decor, DIY and decorate the entire house in two nights. All while making and shipping out a record number of art prints! It's truly a Christmas miracle that I pulled it off in time.

If you're visiting for the first time, hello! My name is Jenna and I live in a quiet little town in the foothills of Northern California with my husband and our two cats. We just moved here in February and have been renovating our 1970's home non-stop—you can see the progress so far on my home tour page.

Without further ado, let's get this tour started!


I have 75 photos (!) to share so this tour will be split up into two posts. Today I'm sharing our living room and master bedroom, and tomorrow will be our front porch, foyer and kitchen/dining area.

Let's head down into the living room, shall we?


When choosing a style this year, I had a blank slate to work with. No stash of old Christmas decorations (well, just a few from our Florida home but they were turquoise and I'm on hiatus from that color).


Since relocating from the beach to the rural mountains last year, my decor style has evolved and I'm all about cozy cabin decor with a dose of cottage and farmhouse mixed in.


With vaulted ceilings and large picture windows overlooking the countryside, our home lends itself to that style so this year I was craving a traditional red, white and green storybook type setting.



I've actually never decorated with red in my life. I never even purchased any red decor until this season.




It has absolutely won me over.


In my home you'll find mostly flea market scores, DIY projects and budget buys.


If there's a way to do it myself, I'm there. Like this cabinet I built a few months ago (my favorite build ever)...


And also the DIY matted photo frames. Everything on the shelf was a flea market/thrift find.


I didn't have any large plant pots so I wrapped all my potted trees in old collected scarves this year. I love how easy (and free) it is!



The one thing we did splurge on though was this quartz stone fireplace....


Worth every penny.




I relocated my Roman Numerals print from the mantel to this side table. I can't get enough of classic black and white in any season.



The black and gray sweater pillows are Pottery Barn finds I picked up new on Ebay for a steal.


I love mixing in and repurposing vintage pieces, like this flea market trunk which serves as extra storage + a side table.



I'm a bit obsessed with textiles lately and have been collecting blankets, like this $1 flea market find on Saturday...



And these cable knit stockings (one of which was a no-sew DIY from a sweater, tutorial next week...)



Bows were also heavily incorporated this year. I used a roll of fabric ribbon and tied one onto every banister (the garland was made from evergreen from our front yard, another DIY for next week).



And this "branchler" plaque? Another DIY, of course...


I had a lot of fun decorating my antique cabinet.






This print was another DIY that will be offered as a freebie next week:



Love these cute gift sacks (this one was found at TJ Maxx):


Speaking of gifts, let's make our way back to the tree...



Every ornament was a DIY in some form. Pinecones, ribbons, and hang tags make for inexpensive and easy decor.


The gift wrapping was all made from kraft paper and leftover scraps of fabric and twine. Almost free!


I found a couple yards of fur fabric in the remnant pile at a huge discount and cut it into the shape of a rug. Perfect present opening area!


Hot cocoa, anyone?


Now that we're all warmed by the fire, let's head back upstairs to the coziest spot in the house... our master bedroom:



I recently gave our flat white doors a makeover and I'm just loving the drama of the black. Perfect backdrop for a fresh mini wreath (tutorial on that next week!)


I can't get enough plaid this year. There's just something about red plaid, black and white, and pops of green that make me melt.


All this room needed was some fresh greenery and a few subtle pops of red.



We like to keep it extra cozy in here year round.





I toned down the red for a calmer, softer vibe for the bedroom. 




More scarf-wrapped mini trees. My new favorite thing.







Well, I'd say 51 photos is enough for today! Thank you so much for stopping by and make sure to come back tomorrow for the rest of the tour! And don't forget to check out the rest of these amazingly talented bloggers in the lineup today:


House by Hoff | Jenna Sue Design | Love Grows Wild | Craftberry Bush | All Things G&D | DIY on the Cheap


And here's the entire tour in case you've missed any so far—huge thanks to Jen Migonis for organizing it!


Christmas Home Tour Graphic


Monday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top